1. I have seen over a hundred rock concerts including, but not limited to Bob Dylan, the Eagles, Van Morrison, Neil Young alone (as well as with CSNY,) Paul Simon alone (as well as Simon and Garfunkel,) Joni Mitchell, REM, Elvis Costello, the B52s, Eric Clapton, Bruce Hornsby, Chicago, 10,000 Maniacs, Little Feat, Pink Floyd, Sting, Steve Miller Band, Traffic, Dave Matthews, Phish, Blues Traveler, Dire Straits, B.B. King, Don Henley, Roger Waters, Beck, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Bjork, Paul McCartney, Pearl Jam, Journey, Jethro Tull, Robert Plant, Oingo Boingo, The Who, The Rolling Stones, and I have seen the Grateful Dead over 35 times”Â¦so you can see what I did with my “formative”Â years.
2. I am a Bob Dylan junkie. I have seen him live about 4 times and own every one of his albums. I am really excited to see I’m Not There, the new experimental Bob Dylan biopic that comes out later this year. Kate Blanchett, etc playing Bob Dylan”Â¦how cool is that?
3. I am a closeted comic book dork. Even though I haven’t purchased a comic book in over 15 years, I get really excited when comic book movies are released. I even own stock in Marvel.
4. I was a total slacker until I met Cat. I mean I had jobs, but my view of the future didn’t really extend past 6 months. My question to you is, what was girl like her doing going out with a loser like me?
5. After I graduated college, I lived and worked in Israel for year, earning the equivalent of $4 dollars an hour. Sometimes I would get so homesick that I would blow a week’s wages on sushi. It was worth it.
6. I was really upset when they canceled Veronica Mars. So sue me.
7. I once took a 16-hour bus ride from Paris to Prague with my friend Harley. I had just read Kerouac’s “On the Road,”Â and I was inspired to have my own crazy road adventure. Admittedly, it wasn’t such a road adventure as his was, but Prague was amazing.
8. I taught myself how to drive (on a manual transmission) by stealing my brother’s car while he was away at college. I was only fifteen. I got pretty good, pretty quickly. That was until I broke his axel by slamming the car into the curb while attempting to do a 180 spin out in reverse. Hey, it worked all the time on the Dukes Of Hazzard!